Monday, February 7, 2011

The Gait Torsion SI


I have never been one to stick with a company and only get a head produced by a single company. This summer I was able to get a sneak peak at the upcoming fall line of Gaits 2011 lacrosse equipment. I was excited to see what they were coming out with for the upcoming season. During the preview to what gait was coming out with in the fall for lacrosse equipment I saw a head that looked like nothing I had seen before. This head was called the Gait Torsion SI. It only comes in white but does have customizable sidewall inserts. These inserts come in black, white, and silver but beyond the inserts the head doesn’t come in any other color. Many people say they do not believe that the inserts have any benefit but I think they do provide stability to the sidewalls of the head.  This head like all Gait lacrosse heads has the cork Screw-less fit system. The Cork Screw-less fit system allows the head to be put on and off shafts without having to put or take a screw out. This allows the head to be easily removed from the shaft when you need to put a new one on.



This Christmas I got this head and some mesh, side wall string, and shooting string to string the head with. Now I am an avid stringer and have never had much trouble but the Gait Torsion SI gave me some trouble. After I had finished stringing it I just had to spend the day seeing how it threw. I tried to put it on a shaft but when I tried putting it on a warrior platinum alloy but it was odd the head fit on the shaft though the cork didn’t seem to fit. I have never really used a Gait head and so I wasn’t sure if the cork should be tough to get in or not. When I tried pulling it out the cork was completely deformed and couldn’t be used in another shaft. Since I couldn’t use the cork anymore I instead put it on a new shaft that I was dying to try. I put it on a BAMshaft Bamboo attack shaft. After I screwed it in I finally was able to shoot and pass with the head.


 I was very surprised how directional the head shot. I was surprised that where ever I aimed the ball travel very well and ended up on the dot. Looking at the head I would say that this could be due to the fact that the scoop is more of a v-shape rather than the traditional flat scoop that is what most heads on the market have. I also noticed that because of the high amount of stringing whole there were on the sidewall it allowed me to set the pocket a lot easier and even put a channel down the middle of the mesh which I believe helps the ball travel in more of a direct line.  


How I chose the string the head
The Off-set




No comments:

Post a Comment